Exploring the Wonders of Blue Meanie Mushrooms
You know, the history of Blue Meanie shrooms is a bit mysterious, just like other magic mushrooms. It’s kind of hard to figure out their past because of some naming mix-up.
Here’s the thing: there are actually two types of magic mushrooms called Blue Meanie. The original Blue Meanie was a kind called Panaeolus cyanescens. These ones are quite different from the more common Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms that you’re probably familiar with. The pan cyans are small, thin, easily turn blue, and are usually white.
But then, something interesting happened. Someone in SouthEastern Australia stumbled upon some P. cubensis mushrooms in the wild and collected them. After taking care of them for a while, this person named them Blue Meanie and started sharing their spores all around the world.
So, just to make things clear, the Blue Meanie mushrooms you see here are actually the P. cubensis version.
What are Blue Meanie Mushrooms?
Blue Meanies. They belong to a group called Psilocybe cubensis, which is a fancy name for psychedelic mushrooms. Now, the reason they’re called Blue Meanies is because their caps and stems are all blue! And guess what? It’s because of these two special things called psilocin and psilocybin. These compounds are like magic and make these mushrooms totally mind-altering!
The history of Blue Meanie Mushrooms
It was first found in Australia and people think it came from another mushroom called Psilocybe cubensis. The name “Blue Meanie” became famous in the 1970s because of a Beatles movie called “Yellow Submarine.” In the movie, the Blue Meanies were the bad guys. After that, people started using the name to talk about lots of different kinds of blue mushrooms. Pretty neat, huh?
The effects of Blue Meanie Mushrooms
Blue Meanie mushrooms are super powerful and can make you feel all sorts of different things. It’s important to remember that the effects can be different for everyone, depending on how much you take and what you’re thinking about. Here are some things you might feel if you try Blue Meanie mushrooms:
- Dilated pupils
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased sensitivity to touch and sound
- Sweating and chills
- Changes in perception, including visual and auditory hallucinations
- Euphoria and feelings of well-being
- Intense emotions, both positive and negative
- Altered sense of time and space
- Mystical or spiritual experiences
The effects of Blue Meanie mushrooms typically last between 4-6 hours, with the peak occurring 2-3 hours after ingestion.
Benefits of Blue Meanie Mushrooms
There’s still a lot we don’t know about Blue Meanie mushrooms, but some people think they could be pretty helpful. Check out these possible benefits:
1. They might make you feel better if you’re dealing with anxiety, depression, or other mental health stuff.
2. Some folks believe they can boost your creativity and help you solve problems.
3. People think they can make you feel more connected to your spiritual side and help you grow as a person.
4. They might even help you quit harmful substances if you’re struggling with addiction.
5. And hey, they could bring relief if you suffer from cluster headaches or migraines.
But hold up! Before you go munching on these mushrooms, there are some things you need to know to stay safe:
1. Only take them in a safe and comfy place with friends you trust or with someone who can look out for you.
2. Start with a small amount and slowly increase if you want to.
3. Don’t even think about driving or using heavy machinery while you’re under the influence.
4. Be aware that sometimes things can get a little scary during a trip, so be prepared for that possibility.
5. Oh, and these mushrooms can mess with certain medications, so talk to your doctor before trying them.
Stay safe and have fun, my friend!
How to grow Blue Meanie Mushrooms
If you’re interested in growing your own Blue Meanie mushrooms, here’s what you’ll need
- Spore syringe or spore print
- Sterilized grain or other substrate material
- Grow bags or fruiting chamber
- Grow light or natural light source
- Humidifier or other way to maintain humidity
- Thermometer and hygrometer
Step-by-step growing process
- Prepare your substrate material by sterilizing it in a pressure cooker or other sterilization method.
- Inoculate the grain material with your spore syringe.
- Mix the inoculated grain with substrate material once colonized, place into tubs or grow bag, and Keep them in a warm, dark place until fruiting occurs.
- Once colonization is complete, move the bags or tubs to an area with adequate lighting and humidity and introduce FAE
- Allow the mushrooms to grow until they reach the desired size and color.
- Harvest the mushrooms by carefully removing them from the substrate material.
Harvesting and storage
When harvesting Blue Meanie mushrooms, it’s essential to handle them gently to avoid damaging the delicate caps and stems. After you have harvested your mushrooms, place them in a dehydrator and dry them until they snap easily like a cracker. You can store them in a cool, dry place for up to a few months, or in the refrigerator for up to a few years.
Blue Meanie mushrooms are a unique and powerful psychedelic that offer a wide range of effects and benefits. While they can be risky if not taken with proper precautions, they can also be a transformative and life-changing experience for those who approach them with respect and care.
- Are Blue Meanie mushrooms legal?
- The legality of Blue Meanie mushrooms varies depending on your location. In some places, they are legal to grow and possess for personal use, while in others they are illegal.
- How long does it take to grow Blue Meanie mushrooms?
- The growing process for Blue Meanie mushrooms can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the substrate material and growing conditions.
- Can Blue Meanie mushrooms be dangerous?
- While Blue Meanie mushrooms can be a safe and transformative experience when taken with proper precautions, they can also be dangerous if taken in the wrong setting or with the wrong mindset.
- Are Blue Meanie mushrooms addictive?
- Psychedelic mushrooms are not considered to be addictive in the same way that drugs like opioids or stimulants are. However, they can still be habit-forming if taken too frequently or in large doses.
- How do Blue Meanie mushrooms compare to other psychedelic mushrooms?
- Blue Meanie mushrooms are known for their potency and unique effects, which can vary from person to person. They are often compared to other strains of Psilocybe cubensis, such as Golden Teacher or Penis Envy, but each strain has its own distinct characteristics.